Thursday, June 14, 2012

A quant Irish Gentleman and his lady

A job in the tourist industry ensures that one will meet people from all over the planet. I've met many German, French, Japanese, Chinese, and Italian people. They were all amazingly unique and interesting and wonderful specimens of the differences of culture. But today I met a couple from Ireland; and they lit up my day. It was a three minute encounter but as my coworkers will inform you, it affected my accent for the rest of my shift. They simply came over to my counter and we struck up a conversation. We talked about their trip and normal things, but then the talk moved more to how different we ( the people they had met in my town) seemed then them. They talked about how all the girls were pretty and the guys probably flying in from everywhere to find a girl here. Now for most this seems a bit strange. I thought so a little at first but then he looked down at his wife with glowing eyes and said with a voice drenched with devotion, " If only they be as lucky as me." I nearly sighed out loud....... It was beautiful to watch such a scene play out in real life. They said goodbye not long after and wandered away through the building. I caught a glimpse of them here and there but then it got busy. The next time I looked up, the group was gone. It was then that i let myself sigh and dream a bit. I hope that i will be so fortunate one day; but for now that memory will linger. The couple from Dublin left a memory and i hope that wherever they go, or even where they are right now, that others will be ecouraged and affected by them. They are the fairytale... true love in a simple older couple from Ireland

No comments:

Post a Comment